Here are the meeting notes for November 28, 2011:
- The Yule Revel will be held at our next meeting, December 12, 2011, at the VFW Hall. Please wear garb, bring a dish to share, and don’t forget your gift if you signed up for the gift exchange. Also, please bring any non-perishable food items you wish to donate to the VFW for their food drive.
- Letters of Interest are currently being accepted for the Officer positions of Exchequer and Youth Minister. Dorothea will be stepping down as Exchequer on January 31st, 2012, and would like to begin training someone in advance. The position of Youth Minister is currently vacant.
- Bids are currently being accepted for the Spring Challenge to be held in May.
- The preferred date for the Spring Challenge is currently the weekend of May 11th – 13th, mainly due to the Middle Kingdom events of Coronation on May 5th, Crown Tournament on May 26th – 27th, and the Kingdom of AEthelmearc event AEthelmearc War Practice from May 17th – 20th.
- Merlin is looking for feedback on what type of classes people would like to take or any they would be interested in teaching. He may be able to arrange for instructors from other groups to come in and teach a class if there would be enough interest.
- Merlin is holding bow making classes at his home most weekday evenings, and every other Monday. You will purchase the stave for the bow and will need to purchase some tools. Please contact Merlin for details.
- The Charter has been sent to Kingdom. If all goes well we should have a ratified Charter in place soon.
- Upcoming Meeting Schedule: Dec 12 – Yule Revel, Dec 26 – No Meeting, January 9 – Meeting, and January 28 – Meeting. (The calendar has been updated to reflect these dates.)