Meeting minutes for January 23, 2012:
- Upcoming Meeting Schedule: January 30th – Dessert Revel, February 13th, February 27th
- Upcoming Local Events: 2/18/12 – Masque of Courtly Love, 3/10/12 – Eastwatch Winter Dance & Gaming Revel
- We will have a Dessert Revel next week on January 30th. Since January has 5 Mondays, those present at meeting on January 23rd voted to meet next week.
- Letters of Interest are currently being accepted for the Officer positions of Chronicler, Youth Minister, and Heavy/Armored Combat Marshall. Lassarina will be stepping down as Chronicler by the end of February.
- Bids are currently being accepted for the Eastwatch Summer Challenge (previously known as the Eastwatch Spring Challenge) event to be held June 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. Please submit your bids by the end of February.
- We are considering holding AOF in Novelty, OH either the end of September/first part of October. Bids for AOF can be submitted until May 1st.
- Shannon Blackshire is our new Exchequer.
- Nial the Wanderer of Bork is our new Deputy Seneschal.
- We may have an opportunity to put on a Boy Scout Demo in Solon the week of July 9th. It would be for 3 days and about 1-2 hours per day.
- A committee has been formed to work on new Brochures/flyers for the group.
- There is a possibility that we can participate in the Chardon Maple Festival Parade as we did 2 years ago. Some members may be able to ride a horse from Free Spirit Farm (under your own steam if you visit the stables prior to the parade to prove your proficiency-there is a charge to take the proficiency evaluation). If you cannot ride, you may be able to ride a horse that is being led by someone from the stables.
- There will be indoor archery practice on Sunday, January 29th from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the Free Spirit Farm. The farm is located at 13987 Watt Road in Novelty, Ohio. There is a $5.00 per hour/per person charge. Loaner equipment will be available at the site. We will be shooting Royal Rounds, the Winter Challenge, and offering instructions in proper form and aiming techniques. Please advise Merlin if you plan to attend.
- Lassarina would like to put out 1 more newsletter before stepping down. Please send your submissions to email@example.com or see her at meeting. All submissions must include the appropriate release form or they cannot be used. Forms can be found at the Kingdom website: http://www.midrealm.org/
chronicler/or on our website: http://eastwatch.org/ submissions/