On October 13th, the Shire of Eastwatch welcomes one and all to a Grand Archery Tournament! This is an all weather tournament that is open to the public. The site is completely primitive and is discreetly wet after the range closes. Please bring your own tables, chairs, or other amenities.
Archery Equipment – Traditional Archery Equipment shall consist of Longbows, Recurve Bows, Horse Bows, Japanese Bows, and Medieval Crossbows. All arrows and bolts shall be made of wood, with feather fletchings and field points (no plastic vanes or broadhead points will be allowed). If you have any questions on this matter, please contact the event steward.
Requested Dress – As this is a medieval themed event, we politely invite all non-members to make an attempt at pre-17th century clothing for the tournament. If you do not have anything to wear, we will have loaner clothing available during during the registration process at our Gold Key station.
Covered Dish / Potluck – For those pre-registering, we ask that you also bring a covered dish to the event for our potluck dinner.
Merchants – There will be limited space available for merchants. If you would like to merchant at this event, please contact the event steward or the deputy event steward. We are hoping that merchants offering archery related items will attend.
Classes – If you would like to teach a class at the Grand Archery Tournament, please contact the event steward or the deputy event steward. You will need to provide your own tables, chairs, and supplies.
Bow Raffle – We will be raffling a 72″ 45 pound at 28 inches Longbow/Selfbow that can be shot from either side. The bow is made from Ipe with a hickory backing. It has Ipe nocks and comes with a custom-made Flemish string and a custom-made bow sock. The cost of the tickets will be $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00. The drawing for the bow will be held at the Eastwatch Yule Dessert Revel in Fairport Harbor on Monday, December 10th, 2012. Photo credits: Gary Kingston, 2012.
Other Prizes – Beautiful sets of arrows.
Event Site Details & Fees
Saturday, October 13 2012 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
9250 Fairmont Road, Novelty, OH 44072
Make checks payable to: SCA Inc, Shire of Eastwatch
Remit to: Greg Nicholson, 2154 East 290th Street, Wickliffe, OH 44092
- Adults: $10 – Pre-registered, $12 at the gate*
- Children Ages 6-12: $5 Pre-registered, $6 at the gate
- Children Ages 5 & under: FREE
- A $5.00 non-SCA member surcharge applies to ages 13 and above
Lunch Tavern – A lunch tavern will be provided by Lord Vasilii Volchogo Zuba syn mundanely Christopher Ashmun.
* Pot-Luck Dinner (after the range closes) – For a $2.00 discount off the gate price, bring a covered dish for the pot-luck dinner (ie – 2 adults with a covered dish would pay $10.00 each instead of $12.00 each.)
Grand Archery Tournament
The Archery Tournament will consist of targets ranging from 10 yards to 250 yards. There will bet two adult and one children’s divisions. Division I will consist of all SCA adult members while Division II will consist of all other adult attendees and the children have their own. There will be loaner equipment available for children only!
All archers who wish to compete must bring their own archery equipment, as loaner equipment will not be available.
|7:00 AM||Troll Opens & Marshals Meeting|
|7:00 AM to 9:30 AM||Bow Inspections & Open Range|
|9:30 AM to 10:00 AM||Range Closed (Target Set-up)|
|10:00 AM to 12:30 PM||Tournament Begins*|
|12:30 PM to 1:30 PM||Target set-up*|
|1:30 PM to 5:00 PM||Tournament Continues*|
|5:00 PM to 6:00 PM||Awarding of Prizes|
|6:00 PM to 8:00 PM||Potluck Dinner, Storytelling, Bonfire!|
* The lunch tavern will be open from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
- Event Steward (Autocrat): THL Ambrosius filius Merlinus “Merlin” mundanely Gary Kingston – whgkingstone at ameritech dot net or 216-246-0085
- Deputy Event Steward (Co-Autocrat): Lady Seonaid inghean Ghriogair “Shawna” mundanely Yvonne Zimmer, – white_tyger26 at yahoo dot com 440-251-6956
- Gate Keeper(Troll): Lord Wilhelm Wulfheart mundanely Greg Nicholson, kc8iep at hotmail dot com
- Guido Pizza Haven & Restaurant – 12775 Chillicothe Rd, Chesterland, Ohio
- Saywell’s Bakery – 12656 Chillicothe Rd, Chesterland, Ohio
- Elliott’s Townhouse – 12650 Chillicothe Rd, Chesterland, Ohio 44026, USA
- Georgio’s Oven Fresh Pizza – 8399 Mayfield Rd, Chesterland, Ohio
- Chesterland Tavern – 8190 Mayfield Rd, Chesterland, OH 44026
- Pizza Hut – 12720 Chillicothe Rd, Chesterland, Ohio
- Arby’s – 8399 Mayfield Rd, Chesterland, Ohio
- World Cafe – 8488 Mayfield Rd, Chesterland, Ohio
- Avenue Deli – 8399 Mayfield Rd Ste 6, Chesterland, OH 44026
- High Peaks Coffee – 8005 Mayfield Rd, Chesterland, Ohio
- Big Dog Brewery – 8737 Mayfield Rd, Chesterland, OH 44026
- Staybridge Suites Cleveland East in Mayfield Hts. – 1-800-997-5148
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Mayfield in Mayfield Village – 1-800-997-5149
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Mayfield Heights – 1-800-230-4134
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East/Mayfield in Mayfield Village – 1-800-230-4134
- Fairfield Inn in Willoughby – 1-800-997-5149
- Courtyard by Marriott Cleveland Willoughby in Willoughby – 1-800-230-4134
- Willoughby Travelodge in Willoughby – 1-800-997-5148
- Hampton Inn Solon in Solon – 1-800-230-4134
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland East in Willoughby – 1-800-997-5149
- Days Inn in Willoughby – 1-800-997-5148
- Americas Best Value Inn in Mentor – 1-800-997-5148
- Quality Inn Wickliffe in Wickliffe – 1-800-997-5149
- Super 8 Motel in Mentor 1-800-997-5148
- Comfort Inn & Suites Mentor Ohio in Mentor – 1-800-997-5149
- Baymont Inn & Suites in Concord – 1-800-997-5148